What is content marketing?
We think The Content Marketing Institute has a great definition for content marketing:
“Content marketing is the marketing and business process for creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action..”
We will help you develop and implement successful content marketing strategies. For more information, please contact us.
Each day 5,000+ marketing messages bombard consumers. Yet, we ignore most of these messages:
• 2/3 of us are on the “Do Not Call” list
• 86% of us skip TV ads
• 99.9% of viewers do not click on banner ads
• 90% of our emails go unopened
Will Good Content Get Through the Noise?
YES. According to the Roper Public Affairs, 80% of business decision makers prefer to receive company information in a series of articles rather than through advertisements.
Why Content Marketing Matters Now
Content marketing is the present and future of online marketing. It is important for two reasons.
1. Google favors quality content. The search engine gives top rankings to websites it sees as trustworthy, valuable and perceived as an industry authority.
In the past few years, Google’s ranking algorithm has become more refined. Google now ranks websites based on the quality and relevance of their content as never before.
Gone are the days when a website could buy links, stuff keywords into the website’s text or code and get a top rank. Today, website copywriters must write valuable content for their target audience if they want to get top results.
Google looks to the quality and quantity of websites linking to a site as well as the “authority” of the writer or publisher. When you write great content and market it appropriately, your website earns links.
2. People share good content with their network. If your content spreads throughout your industry’s social ecosystem, you can draw traffic to your website. A solid, well-executed, content marketing strategy pulls great traffic to your website, regardless of how well you rank on Google.